The Flood Warning continues for
The Bayou Sara at Saraland
* until further notice.
* At 9 am Friday the stage was 4.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 4 feet.
* The river will continue rising to near 5.7 feet by early Monday morning then
* At 4 feet... flooding of streets begins.
* At 5 feet... street flooding east of the Railroad becomes widespread.
* At 6 feet... flooding of residences in the area will occur.
Lat... Lon 3084 8808 3083 8804 3082 8805 3082 8808
505 am CDT Fri Jun 23 2017
... Coastal Flood Warning in effect until 6 PM CDT this evening...
... High surf advisory now in effect until 6 PM CDT this evening...
... High rip current risk now in effect through this afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Mobile has issued a coastal Flood
Warning, which is in effect until 6 PM CDT this evening.
* Surf heights... breakers of 5 to 8 feet.
* Coastal flooding... 2 to 4 feet of water above normally dry
ground can be expected this morning through early afternoon
along low lying areas of the Alabama coast... especially around
times of high tide this morning.
* Coastal flood impacts... moderate flooding impacts along coastal
areas... especially over locations such as the west end of
Dauphin Island... shell belt Road between Bayou La Batre and
Coden and other and other low lying areas along the shore.
* High surf and rip current impacts... the surf will be dangerous
to all swimmers. Frequent life threatening rip currents are
expected. Minor beach erosion is also possible.
A coastal Flood Warning means that flooding is occurring or
imminent. Coastal residents in the warned area should be alert for
rising water, and take appropriate action to protect life and
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area, producing localized beach erosion and
dangerous swimming conditions.
There is a high risk of rip currents. Rip currents are life-
threatening to anyone entering the surf. Swim near a lifeguard. If
caught in a rip current remain calm. Don't fight the current.
Swim in a direction following the shoreline. If unable to escape,
face the shore and call or wave for help. If tired, float or tread
water until out of the rip current.
1147 PM CDT Thu Jun 22 2017
... Flood Warning extended until Monday afternoon... the Flood Warning continues
the Mobile river at Barry steam plant
* from Sunday morning until Monday afternoon.
* At 11pm Thursday the stage was 8.1 feet.
* No flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12 feet.
* Forecast to rise above flood stage by Sunday morning and continue to rise near
12.1 feet by Sunday early afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage by Monday afternoon.
* At 12 feet... considerable overflow of lowlands in the area. A few County
roads become flooded.
Lat... Lon 3114 8797 3114 8792 3099 8792 3068 8796
3067 8806 3102 8803
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Mobile Coastal Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Flood Warning, Coastal Flood Warning, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
Issued: 9:58 AM CDT Jun. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service