The Flood Warning continues for
the Black River at Pocahontas.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:00 am Sunday the stage was 18.2 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 22.0 feet by
Thursday morning. However additional rain is forecast Tuesday
night into Wednesday so please monitor future forecasts for any
* Impacts at 17.0 feet... agricultural lands along the river east and
south of Pocahontas will be impacted by high water. Equipment and
livestock should be moved to higher ground.
* Impacts at 20.0 feet... flooding of backwater up tributaries is
spreading into lands along the current, Fourche, and black rivers.
Water is spreading towards the northern edge of the Airport.
* Impacts at 22.0 feet... moderate flood level, flooding on Fourche
river, Pettit creek, and Mill Creek. North fringe of Airport may be
flooding. High water on the Fourche river may be affecting state
highways 328 and 166. Houses along State Highway 166 may have water
near foundations. Riverfront Park is partially flooded.
Fld observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time Mon Tue Wed crest time date
Pocahontas 17 18.2 sun 08 am 18.6 19.8 21.3 22.0 06 am 03/01
Lat... Lon 3612 9115 3625 9106 3630 9095 3620 9089
3617 9098 3610 9101
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Randolph Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:02 AM CST Feb. 25, 2018 – National Weather Service