The Flood Warning continues for
the Ouachita River at Camden.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:30 am Monday the stage was 32.2 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 26.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 33.5 feet by
Wednesday early afternoon.
* Impacts at 30.0 feet... State Highway 7 north of Camden floods,
with detours nearby. Portions of Sandy Beach Park will flood.
Some County roads north and east of Camden begin to flood.
* Impacts at 34.0 feet... overbank flooding closes many roads. Harmony
Grove community has flood problems at this stage. Many low lying
roads are flooding with access to some residential areas by boat
Fld observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time Tue Wed Thu crest time date
Camden 26 32.2 Mon 07 am 33.3 33.5 33.1 33.5 12 PM 12/19
Lat... Lon 3329 9261 3344 9280 3363 9289 3367 9275
3350 9264 3338 9247
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Ouachita Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:51 AM CST Dec. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
Dense Fog Advisory
Issued: 9:20 AM CST Dec. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Dense fog advisory now in effect until 11 am CST this
* event... areas of dense fog and restricted visibility.
* Areas affected... areas of dense fog will continue through late
morning, with a slow decrease in coverage expected.
* Visibility... a quarter of a mile or less at times.
* Impacts... reduced visibility will create hazardous travel
conditions. In addition, if temperatures fall below freezing
where fog is present... mainly across northern portions of the
advisory... light icing of elevated surfaces will be possible.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.