... Dust Storm Warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST this
... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST this
* timing... southwest winds will develop strengthen through the
afternoon hours. Winds will begin to decrease around sunset
* Winds... southwest 30 to 40 mph, with gusts from 55 to 65 mph.
* Visibility... expect visibilities to be reduced at times to
less than one quarter mile in areas of blowing dust.
* Impacts... winds this strong can make for difficult driving,
especially for high profile vehicles. Some property damage is
possible. Visibilities can quickly drop to less than one
quarter mile in blowing dust. Avoid travel if at all possible.
A dust Storm Warning means visibilities are less than one quarter
mile due to blowing dust. Travel could become extremely
dangerous. Persons with respiratory problems should make
preparations to stay indoors until the storm passes.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring... with sustained wind speeds greater than 40 mph or
gusts greater than 58 mph. Winds this strong can cause property
damage. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts. Additional
weather information is on the web at www.Weather.Gov/Flagstaff.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Little Colorado River Valley in Coconino County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Dust Storm Warning, High Wind Warning
Issued: 10:31 AM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 11:22 AM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST this evening
for all of northern Arizona...
* affected area... all of northern and portions of central
* Relative humidity... 5 to 14 percent.
* 20 foot wind... south to southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts 40 to
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring or are imminent. A combination of strong
winds and low relative humidities can contribute to extreme fire
Please notify field crews of this red flag warning.