... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 4 am to 10 PM PST
Wednesday above 3500 feet...
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 4 am to 10 PM
PST Wednesday below 3500 feet...
* what... heavy snow above 3500 feet expected. Wet snow for
locations at and below 3500 feet is expected. Travel will be
very difficult to impossible, including during the evening
commute on Wednesday. Above 3500 feet, total snow accumulations
of 5 to 10 inches are expected, with higher amounts of 20 to 30
inches above 6000 feet. Below 3500 feet, total wet snow
accumulations of 1 to 4 inches are expected.
* Where... locations in the warning area include portions of south
central Siskiyou County, including Highway 89 near snowmans
Summit and near Dead Horse Summit. Locations in the advisory
area include Mount Shasta city, Dunsmuir, McCloud.
* When... 4 am to 10 PM Wednesday. The heaviest snowfall rates
will occur between 10 am and 4 PM Wednesday.
* Additional details... look for significant reductions in
visibility at times. Wet snow with strong winds may cause
branches to break and trees to fall. Gusty winds and heavy to
moderate snowfall will result in limited visibilities, with near
whiteout conditions at times on Wednesday.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take protective
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 9:57 PM PST Jan. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service