... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT
* winds... strong south winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50
* Timing..strong and gusty winds will develop again late Friday
morning through Friday evening. Winds will be strongest Friday
afternoon and evening.
* Locations include... portions of lake and eastern Modoc
counties. In Lake County, this includes, Highway 31 from
Summer Lake to Paisley, Highway 140 east of Adel, and portions
of Highway 395 north of the 31 and 395 interchange to Alkali
Lake. In Modoc County this includes, Highway 299 east of
Alturas over the Warner Mountains.
* Impacts... strong, gusty winds will make travel difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles. Unsecured objects will
be blown about.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Modoc County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:50 PM PDT Mar. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service