... Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 am PDT Tuesday for
low humidity and gusty winds for fire weather zone 507...
* affected area... fire weather zone 507. The North Bay hills
above 1000 feet in elevation.
* Wind... northeast winds 10 to 20 mph... gusts 25 mph. Strongest
overnight and morning hours.
* Humidity... lowering to around 15 percent afternoons with poor
recovery overnight... locally less than 30 percent.
* Highest threat... is located over the Napa hills and around
Mount Saint Helena where winds will be strongest and humidity
lowest. Downed powerlines in remote areas will likely cause
new fire starts.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
gusty winds and low relative humidity can contribute to extreme
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Miguel and Santa Rosa Islands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 9:02 PM PDT Sep. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service