... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
5 PM MST this afternoon for strong winds and low relative
humidity for the northern border area and eastern plains...
* affected area... fire weather zones 238... 242... 244... 246...
247... 248... 249... 250 and 251.
* Timing... winds will increase later this morning with passage of
a dry cold front, and become strong and gusty this afternoon.
Humidities will be slightly higher today, but still low enough
to support critical fire behavior. Conditions will quickly
improve by sunset.
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 13 percent.
* Impacts... gusty winds and low humidity will be favorable for
rapid fire spread especially in open rangeland.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Phillips County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 4:36 AM MST Dec. 11, 2017 – National Weather Service