|Winter Weather Advisory|
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 am EST
* locations... northern Connecticut and northwest Rhode Island.
* Hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... 3 to 6 inches of snow.
* Timing... areas of light snow will develop late this morning and this
afternoon. The snow will increase in intensity by mid to late
afternoon. The bulk of the accumulating snow will occur between
3 PM and 1 am... when snowfall rates may briefly reach 1 inch per
hour. The snow will taper off to flurries toward daybreak
* Impacts... untreated roads will become snow covered and
slippery by evening along with poor visibility at times.
* Winds... southwest 5 to 10 mph.
* Visibilities... one half mile or less at times.
* Temperatures... in the mid 20s.
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas... but accumulations are
expected to be light. Any snow or ice would result in slippery
conditions on untreated roadways and sidewalks. When
temperatures are below freezing... motorists need to be especially
careful on bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily