|Winter Storm Warning|
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 4 am Monday to
7 am EST Tuesday...
* locations... southern Rhode Island and northeast Connecticut.
This includes the cities and towns of Putnam... Willimantic...
West Greenwich... Narragansett... westerly and Block Island.
* Hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches.
* Timing... snow overspreads the area between 3 am and 6 am then
becomes heavy at times thereafter into the early afternoon with
snow intensity diminishing by mid afternoon.
* Impacts... travel will be slow at best on well treated
surfaces... and quite difficult on any unplowed or untreated
* Winds... north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph but up to
50 mph across Block Island.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
A Winter Storm Warning is issued when an average of 6 or more
inches of snow is expected in a 12 hour period... or for 8 or more
inches in a 24 hour period. Travel will be slow at best on well
treated surfaces... and quite difficult on any unplowed or