... Beach hazards statement remains in effect through Wednesday
* red tide hazards... possible respiratory irritation in some
For red tide forecast information visit
http://tidesandcurrents.NOAA.Gov/hab (all lower case).
* Florida red tide respiratory irritation potential impacts...
symptoms may include coughing... sneezing... and tearing eyes.
People with respiratory conditions such as asthma...
emphysema... and other pulmonary diseases... may be more
sensitive. Irritation may vary locally and throughout the day.
If you experience uncomfortable symptoms... consider going to
an unaffected beach nearby.
* Florida red tide respiratory irritation timing/location... NOAA
forecast: coastal northern Collier county: Gulf Coast... possible
Tuesday and Wednesday.
* Florida red tide observations. You can find unaffected beaches
by checking reports of recent, local observations and data:
mote marine laboratory daily beach conditions
http://www.Mote.Org/beaches and the Florida fish and wildlife
conservation commission (fwc) red tide status:
* Florida red tide health information. Consult the Florida
department of health:
toxins/red-tide.Html or call the poison control center: 1-800-
Inclusion of external links does not constitute endorsement by
the department of Commerce/NOAA of these external web sites or
the information, products or services contained therein.
* Florida red tide information sources. Red tide forecasts are
provided by the National ocean service with data provided by
the FWC and mote marine laboratory
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Coastal Collier County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Beach Hazard Statement
Issued: 10:08 PM EDT Aug. 13, 2018 – National Weather Service