|Winter Storm Warning|
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 PM EST /6 PM
CST/ this evening to 4 am EST /3 am CST/ Monday...
* heavy snow... 10 to 15 inches storm total. The period of
heaviest snow expected during the daytime hours on Sunday.
* Blowing and drifting snow... especially Sunday afternoon into
* periods of heavy snow with blowing and drifting snow making
travel difficult or impossible. Some unplowed roads will
* Blowing and drifting snow Sunday afternoon into Sunday night.
* Visibilities will be reduced to near zero at times in heavy
snow and blowing snow.
* snow will begin this evening... spreading from west to east.
The snow will continue Sunday... then end Sunday night from
west to east. The period of heaviest snow is expected during
the daytime hours on Sunday.
* confidence is high that heavy snow will occur. However there is
medium confidence with respect to amounts and the exact
location of the heaviest snow.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and blowing and drifting
snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or
occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will
make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must
travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in your
vehicle in case of an emergency.