|Areal Flood Watch|
... Flood Watch remains in effect from 5 PM EDT this afternoon
through Thursday morning...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire...
including the following counties... in Massachusetts... Essex...
Middlesex... Norfolk... northern Bristol... northern Plymouth and
Suffolk. In southern New Hampshire... Hillsborough.
* From 5 PM EDT this afternoon through Thursday morning.
* Widespread heavy rain will overspread the region between 5 and 8
PM this evening. Periods of heavy rain will continue tonight and
likely impact the Thursday morning rush hour before tapering off by
* A widespread 1.50 to 2.50 inches of rain is anticipated... but
localized 4 inch amounts. This may result in some flooding...
especially in urban areas.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
... Wind Advisory in effect until 8 am EDT Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect until 8 am EDT Thursday.
* Location... northeast Massachusetts including the Boston
* Winds... northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph... mainly
* Timing... northeast winds may gust between 30 and 40 mph through
the afternoon. The strongest winds will come tonight with gusts
up to 50 mph possible. The highest of these winds will be
across coastal Essex County.
* Impacts... these strong winds may result in some downed tree
limbs and even isolated power outages. The heavy rain combined
with many fully leafed trees will likely exacerbate the
potential for downed tree limbs.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds
this strong are capable of Downing small tree limbs and
branches... possibly causing isolated power outages. Driving can
also be difficult... especially for high profile vehicles.
For the latest updates... please visit our webpage at
You can follow US on facebook at