|Winter Weather Advisory|
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 10 PM this
evening to noon EDT Thursday...
* locations... most of Massachusetts and Rhode Island except for
the immediate South Coast. This advisory also includes
* Hazard types... rain transitions to snow tonight. A brief
period of sleet and freezing rain is also possible.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of up to 2 inches... along
with around a trace of ice.
* Timing... steady rain will change to snow from northwest to
southeast between 10 PM and 4 am. A brief period of sleet and
freezing rain is possible during this transition. Snow showers
will continue Thursday morning before tapering off during the
* Impacts... the main concern is for a flash freeze as temperatures
plummet into the teens and lower 20s. Untreated surfaces should
quickly freeze over as much colder air arrives. A small snow
accumulation may hide some of the ice. The Thursday morning
commute may be icy.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas... but accumulations are
expected to be light. Any snow or ice would result in slippery
conditions on untreated roadways and sidewalks. When
temperatures are below freezing... motorists need to be especially
careful on bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily
For the latest updates... please visit our webpage at
You can follow US on facebook at