... Ice Storm Warning remains in effect until 10 PM CDT this
* locations... the eastern half of the Minnesota arrowhead,
including the Grand Portage and Grand Marais areas.
* Timing... freezing rain mixed with sleet and snow are expected to
continue through at least early afternoon. The worst conditions
will be this morning.
* Ice accumulations... around one half of an inch, with locally
higher values in some locations.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures... in the middle to upper 20s
* impacts... ice and snow covered roadways will become
treacherous and impassable. Widespread power outages are
likely due to the weight of the ice and snow on tree limbs and
power lines. The outages could last for days in some areas.
An Ice Storm Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Significant amounts of ice accumulations
will make travel dangerous or impossible. Travel is strongly
discouraged. Commerce will likely be severely impacted. If you
must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in your
vehicle in case of an emergency. Ice accumulations and winds will
likely lead to snapped power lines and falling tree branches that
add to the danger.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Cook/Northern Lake Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Ice Storm Warning
Issued: 4:06 AM CDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service