... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM CDT this
* locations... northern Minnesota, including parts of north-
central and northeast Minnesota, including International
Falls, Ely, the Iron Range, and southern portions of the North
* Timing... a wintry mixture of sleet... freezing rain and snow will
continue through this afternoon before diminishing this evening.
* Ice accumulations... up to a tenth of an inch.
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 4 inches, primarily for areas north of
the Iron Range.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Impacts... snow... sleet and ice accumulations may create
slippery Road conditions and difficult travel conditions. There
could be isolated power outages.
A Winter Weather Advisory for mixed precipitation means a mixture
of freezing rain... snow and sleet is expected. Small
accumulations of snow and ice are expected on untreated roads and
sidewalks. Anyone with travel plans should be prepared for
slippery roads and reduced visibility. Slow down when driving and
allow for extra stopping distance because you may lose control of
your vehicle if you try to slow down or stop quickly.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central St. Louis Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:06 AM CDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service