... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 7 PM CDT this
The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for freezing rain... .sleet and snow... which is
in effect until 7 PM CDT this evening.
* Locations... portions of north central Minnesota, including the
Brainerd lakes and leech lakes region.
* Timing... a wintry mixture of freezing rain, sleet and snow is
falling this morning... and is expected to continue through at
least early this afternoon.
* Ice accumulations... up to a tenth of an inch.
* Snow accumulations... up to 1 inch.
* Winds... north 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Impacts... ice and snow accumulations may create slippery Road
conditions and difficult travel conditions. There could be
isolated power outages.
A Winter Weather Advisory for mixed precipitation means a mixture
of freezing rain... snow and sleet is expected. Small
accumulations of snow and ice are expected on untreated roads and
sidewalks. Anyone with travel plans should be prepared for
slippery roads and reduced visibility. Slow down when driving and
allow for extra stopping distance because you may lose control of
your vehicle if you try to slow down or stop quickly.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Aitkin Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:06 AM CDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 8:28 PM CDT Apr. 25, 2017 – National Weather Service
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Aitkin.
* At 7:30 PM Tuesday the stage was 12.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river is expected to rise to near flood stage after
* At 13.0 feet... the boat ramp at Aitkin City Park floods. A few
driveways become covered with water in the ceadarbrook area. Minor
flooding of farmland occurs in the Cedarbrook community..
this crest compares to a previous crest of 13.3 feet on may 7 2013.
Lat... Lon 4650 9370 4630 9420 4644 9420 4655 9415