The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Vicksburg
* from Friday March 09 to Wednesday March 14.
* At 7:00 PM Wednesday the stage was 32.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 43.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise above flood stage Friday March 09
and will continue to rise to near 44.0 feet Monday March 12. The
river will fall below flood stage Wednesday March 14.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 43.3 feet
on Mar 18 2016.
* Impact... at 44.0 feet... Ford and Kings subdivision at Pittman Road
and mary's alley begins to flood.
* Impact... at 43.5 feet... Long Lake subdivision is completely flooded.
Vicksburg floodwall gates at train depot and the lumber yard gate 8
* Impact... at 42.0 feet... bunge grain facility near St. Joseph
Louisiana ceases loading operations. Chickasaw Road is going under
water just west of Chickasaw community.
* Impact... at 41.0 feet... the storm water drain valves are closed at
the flood gates along the Vicksburg water front.
* Impact... at 40.5 feet... Shady Lane drive becomes impassable. Long
Lake Road becomes impassable just north of Cypress drive.
* Impact... at 38.8 feet... the Vicksburg floodwall gate at Crawford
street is closed.
* Impact... at 35.0 feet... several thousand acres of farm,
agricultural, and bottom land flood. In the Yazoo backwater area
north of the city, hunting camps and forested land begin to flood.
Flood observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time Thu Fri Sat crest time date
Lower Mississippi River
Vicksburg 43 32.9 Wed 07 PM 33.5 34.1 34.6 44.0 07 am 03/12
Lat... Lon 3193 9129 3227 9105 3277 9123 3278 9101
3226 9086 3187 9114
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Claiborne Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:07 PM CST Feb. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service