The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Natchez
* from Tuesday March 06 to Friday March 16.
* At 7:00 PM Wednesday the stage was 39.6 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 48.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise above flood stage Tuesday March 06
and will continue to rise to near 50.0 feet Wednesday March 14.
The river will fall below flood stage Friday March 16.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 51.2 feet
on Mar 20 2016.
* Impact... at 48.0 feet... Carthage Point Road becomes impassable.
* Impact... at 47.0 feet... water begins to enter the former Belwood
Golf course and Carthage Point Road area south of Natchez.
* Impact... at 45.0 feet... water under some buildings around Fort
* Impact... at 44.0 feet... some camps and most access roads are flooded
along Lake Mary.
* Impact... at 43.0 feet... water covers Thornburg Lake Road in the area
known as anna's bottom which is north of Natchez. Also, Lake Mary
Road is under water.
* Impact... at 38.0 feet... lowlands along the river in areas not
protected by levees begin to flood. On both side of the river,
there are areas that contain oil and gas wells; however, these are
not affected until higher stages.
Flood observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time Thu Fri Sat crest time date
Lower Mississippi River
Natchez 48 39.6 Wed 07 PM 39.8 40.4 41.1 50.0 07 am 03/14
Lat... Lon 3101 9170 3130 9167 3193 9129 3187 9114
3130 9147 3100 9154
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Adams Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:07 PM CST Feb. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service