... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 9 PM MDT
this evening for low relative humidity for fire weather zones 112,
113, 114, 115, 117 and 118...
* affected area... in Montana, fire weather zones 112 eastern
Glacier/Toole/central/eastern Pondera/Liberty, 113 hill and
Blaine counties, 114 Lewis And Clark National Forest Rocky
Mountain district-Rocky Mountain front, 115 Chouteau and Fergus
counties, 117 central and eastern Lewis And Clark National Forest
areas and 118 Helena and Townsend Ranger districts of the Helena
National Forest. For all districts, the red flag warning is for
lower elevation grassland locations.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph, with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... Wednesday afternoon through evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 10 percent.
* Temperatures... mid-80s to mid-90s.
* Impacts... low humidity and gusty west winds will create critical
fire weather conditions over lower elevation grassland locations.
Any spark, man-made or nature-caused, may cause a fire to start.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Pondera Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:40 AM MDT Jul. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service