... Wind Advisory remains in effect until noon EST Sunday...
* locations... mountains of southeast West Virginia, southwest
Virginia and northwest North Carolina, as well as the Virginia
* Hazards... strong, gusty winds.
* Winds... southwest 10 to 25 mph with gusts to 45 mph through this
evening, shifting to the west to northwest 15 to 30 mph with
gusts up to 50 mph overnight into Sunday morning.
* Timing... strongest winds will occur between midnight and 8 am
* Impacts... these winds will blow around loose outdoor objects
such as trash cans. Traveling will be difficult for higher
profile vehicles. Some weaker or dead trees could be uprooted,
with limbs also likely to break. Isolated power outages
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Ashe Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:14 PM EST Nov. 18, 2017 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Apple Grove
- Glendale Springs
- Grassy Creek
- Green Valley
- Listening Rock
- Mill Creek
- Nathans Creek
- Ore Knob
- Shatley Springs
- Weavers Ford
- West Jefferson