... Wind Advisory remains in effect until noon EST today above
* locations... the high elevations of western North Carolina.
* Hazards... strong wind gusts.
* Timing... gusty winds will continue through the morning across
the high elevations, especially on exposed peaks and high ridge
tops. Winds near the valley floors have subsided and will
continue to do so through the morning.
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. A few power outages are possible.
A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts of 46 to 57 mph are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Madison Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 6:41 AM EST Nov. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Andy Cove
- Beech Glen
- Big Pine
- Ebbs Mill
- Foster Creek
- Hot Springs
- Ivy Ridge
- Jarrett Cove
- Little Creek
- Long Ridge
- Mars Hill
- Paint Fork
- Paint Rock
- Rice Mill
- Sandy Bottom
- Spring Creek
- Terry Fork
- White Rock