... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 am EST Tuesday above
* locations... the higher elevations of the western North
* Hazards... strong wind gusts.
* Timing... this afternoon into tonight.
* Winds... south 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Mitchell Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:50 AM EST Jan. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service
- Glen Ayre
- Greene Cove
- Harrell Hill
- Loafers Glory
- McKinney Cove
- Osborne Knob
- Spruce Pine
- Strawberry Ridge
- Tipton Hill
- Upper Pigeonroost
- Upper Poplar