... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 3 am MDT Friday...
* location... west Central Highlands, Santa Fe and Albuquerque
Metro areas, Sandia/Manzano Mountains, and the Estancia
* Winds... south to southeast 30 to 45 mph with gusts of 55 to 65
mph. Strongest sustained and peak winds are likely along the
western foothills of the Sandia and Manzano Mountains and
eastern foothills of the Albuquerque Metro area.
* Timing... winds will increase this afternoon, peak during the
evening, then diminish late tonight. Downburst winds from any
dry showers or thunderstorms will enhance wind gusts.
* Visibility... locally reduced from 2 to 5 miles in areas of
blowing dust. Visibility may be locally reduced below 1/4 mile
near dry Arroyo beds, open fields, and construction sites.
* Local impacts... strong winds will create hazardous cross winds
on west to east oriented roadways, including Interstate 40 and
parts of Interstate 25. Blowing dust may create sudden and
very dangerous reductions to visibility. High profile vehicles
may become unstable or even blow over, light weight objects
may be tossed around, dead trees, tree limbs, and power lines
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Estancia Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 2:50 PM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service