... High wind watch in effect from Thursday morning through
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a high
wind watch, which is in effect from Thursday morning through
* Location... Sandia, Manzano and south central mountains, central
and south Central Highlands, eastern Lincoln and southwest
* Winds... west to northwest 30 to 40 mph with gusts to around 60
* Timing... wind will strengthen through the morning, peak during
the afternoon and diminish Thursday evening.
* Visibility... locally reduced in dust prone locations.
* Local impacts... strong cross winds will impact north to south
oriented roads. Light weight and unsecured objects may become
airborne. Flimsy structures may topple over.
Remember, a high wind watch means conditions are favorable for a
potentially damaging high wind event in and close to the watch
area. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph
or more can lead to property damage. Monitor the latest forecasts
at weather.Gov/abq, listen to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
South Central Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Watch
Issued: 3:46 AM MDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 3:43 AM MDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Thursday afternoon through
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from Thursday afternoon
through Thursday evening.
* Area and timing... Thursday afternoon and early evening for the
west Central Highlands, middle Rio Grande Valley, Sandia,
Manzano and Gallinas Mountains below 7500 feet, and the east
Central Plains where significant rainfall does not occur today.
* 20 foot winds... westerly 25 to 35 mph with gusts near 50 mph.
Winds may be locally higher near Clines Corners.
* Relative humidity... minimums between 10 and 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this Fire Weather Watch.