... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 5 am MST Tuesday...
* location... east slopes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Sandia
and Manzano Mountains, Raton ridge and Johnson Mesa, far
northeast Highlands, Harding, eastern San Miguel, and Guadalupe
* Winds... southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts 60 mph.
* Timing... winds will persist through this evening before
gradually decreasing after midnight.
* Visibility... locally reduced from blowing snow in the Sangre de
Cristo Mountains. No restrictions expected elsewhere.
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. Sudden
cross winds are possible.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Far Northeast Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 7:14 PM MST Feb. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service