... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from 4 PM EST this
afternoon through Monday evening...
* what... moderate to heavy lake effect snow possible from late
this afternoon through Monday evening. Plan on difficult
travel conditions later tonight and Monday, including the
Monday morning commute. Total snow accumulations in excess of
6 inches are possible in the most persistent lake snows.
* Where... northern Cayuga and Oswego counties.
* When... from later this afternoon through Monday evening.
* Additional details... winds gusting as high as 40 mph will
cause areas of blowing and drifting snow.
Narrow bands of heavy snow could impact portions of the region.
Localized travel problems will be possible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Cayuga Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 6:49 AM EST Nov. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service
Lakeshore Flood Warning
Issued: 6:51 AM EST Nov. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Lakeshore Flood Warning remains in effect until 1 am EST
* locations... northern Cayuga, Oswego, and Jefferson counties.
* Lake Shore flooding... strong west winds will develop behind a
cold front early this morning... then will become northwest and
continue through the rest of today and into tonight. The
strong winds and building waves will combine with above normal
lake levels to increase shoreline erosion.
* Timing... through tonight.
* Impacts... a significant increase in shoreline erosion,
especially in areas where the Lakeshore is unstable following
the erosion from earlier in the year. Some minor Lakeshore
flooding is possible in bays and inlets.
A Lakeshore Flood Warning means Lakeshore flooding is occurring,
is imminent, or is expected to occur. People in the warning area
should take immediate action to protect life and property. Listen
to local radio... television... or NOAA Weather Radio for further