... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 4 am to 10 PM PST
Wednesday above 5000 feet...
* what... heavy snow above 5000 feet expected. Travel will be very
difficult to impossible, including during the morning commute
on Wednesday. Tree branches could fall as well. Total snow
accumulations of 6 to 12 inches, with localized amounts up to 18
inches, are expected.
* Where... the Cascades and Siskiyous including Crater Lake,
Diamond Lake, Lake of The Woods, Mt. Ashland, and all associated
roads and passes.
* When... 4 am Wednesday to 10 PM Wednesday. The heaviest
snowfall rates will occur between 4 am and 10 am Wednesday.
* Additional details... look for significant reductions in
visibility at times. Gusty winds will result in blowing snow and
limited visibilities at times on Wednesday.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
likely and poses a threat to life and property. Take protective
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 9:57 PM PST Jan. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service