... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 4 am Sunday to 10 PM
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 4 am Sunday to 10 PM PST
* what... snow and blowing snow expected. Total snow accumulations
of 4 to 9 inches. Winds gusting as high as 60 mph. Visibilities
may be reduced to near zero at times.
* Where... heavy snow and blowing snow is expected along Highway
395 north of Valley Falls, Highway 31 between Paisley and Summer
Lake, and the higher terrain of Lake County. Lighter snow
amounts and blowing snow are expected elsewhere, including
along Highway 140, other portions of Highway 31, and the cities
of Adel, Silver Lake, and Fort Rock.
* When... from 4 am Sunday to 10 PM PST Monday. Heaviest snowfall
is expected Sunday afternoon through Monday morning, with the
strongest winds peaking Sunday morning and again Monday morning.
* Additional details... travel could be very difficult to
impossible due to snow covered roads, gusty winds, and very low
* View the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is likely
and poses a threat to life and property. Take protective action
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central and Eastern Lake County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 1:53 PM PST Feb. 23, 2019 – National Weather Service