... Red flag warning in effect from 5 PM to 10 PM PDT Wednesday
for abundant lightning and gusty outflow winds for fire weather
zones 643, and Washington zone 645...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from 5 PM to 10 PM PDT Wednesday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... in Oregon... fire weather zone 643. In
Washington... fire weather zones 643 and 645.
* Timing... Wednesday evening.
* Lightning activity level... 3.
* Precipitation... one quarter to one third of an inch.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Blue Mountains of Oregon Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:24 PM PDT Aug. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service