... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
7 PM CST this evening...
* timing... 11 am to 7 PM.
* Winds... west at 25 to 35 mph, with gusts to around 45 mph.
* Impacts... strong and gusty west winds may make driving
difficult on north-south oriented roads, and blow around
light, loose objects.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Tom Green Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:08 AM CST Jan. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:12 AM CST Jan. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
7 PM CST this evening for most of west central Texas...
* wind... winds from the west at 20 to 30 mph, with possible gusts
in the 35 to 40 mph range.
* Humidity... 15 to 20 percent.
* Impacts... fires will likely spread rapidly.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.