The Flood Warning continues for the Nueces River near Tilden.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 1:30 PM Tuesday the stage was 20.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Forecast: the river will continue rising to near 20.9 feet by
Sunday morning. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* At 20.0 feet major flooding below Cotulla to below Tilden occurs,
and cuts off extensive portions of the flood plain, requiring
wholesale evacuation of livestock from the area. Roads and bridges
near the river flood severely. Hunting Cabins, pump Jacks, Tank
batteries, irrigation pumps and any equipment in low areas near the
Below are the latest river stages and stage forecasts:
fld latest forecast 6 am lst
location stg stg day time Wed Thu Fri Sat sun
Tilden 14 20.0 Tue 01 PM 20.1 19.8 19.7 20.4 20.9
Lat... Lon 2817 9880 2836 9859 2845 9833 2833 9833
2826 9854 2807 9880
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
McMullen Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:47 PM CDT Oct. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service