... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 am EST Tuesday...
* locations... Mercer,Tazewell, Smyth, Grayson, Ashe and Watauga
* Hazards... strong gusty west winds.
* Winds... west 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... this evening into Tuesday morning.
* Impacts... these winds may down small trees or tree limbs... as
well as power lines. Loose outdoor objects should be secured.
Winds this strong can make travel difficult, especially for
high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Grayson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:21 PM EST Jan. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Barton Crossroad
- Bennington Mill
- Bridle Creek
- Clito Mill
- Comers Rock
- Elk Creek
- Flat Ridge
- Low Gap
- Lower Elk Creek
- McKnights Mill
- Mouth Of Wilson
- Peach Bottom
- Stevens Creek
- Trout Dale