... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM Tuesday to 8 PM PDT
Wednesday for gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather zone
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from 1 PM Tuesday to 8 PM PDT
* Affected area... Washington and Oregon fire zone 639 covering the
Simcoe Highlands... the eastern Columbia River gorge... and the
east slopes of The Mount Hood National Forest.
* Timing... winds will increase Tuesday afternoon and become windy
in many areas during the evening. Although winds will decrease
Tuesday night... another day of breezy to windy conditions can be
expected on Wednesday.
* Wind... west winds 15 to 25 mph with local gusts to 35 mph.
* Humidity... 10 to 20 percent on Tuesday and 15 to 25 percent on
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Simcoe Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:13 PM PDT Jul. 16, 2018 – National Weather Service