... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11 am MST this
* what... snow and blowing snow. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4
inches in the lower elevations, with 6 to 14 inches in the Snowy
Range. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.
* Where... mainly west of Interstate 25 across the high valleys.
* When... through 11 am MST Tuesday.
* Additional details... plan on slippery Road conditions. Blowing
snow could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning commute.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
snow and strong winds will create restricted visibilities and
drifting snow along area roadways. Use caution when
traveling... especially in open areas.
The latest Road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
North Snowy Range Foothills Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 1:45 AM MST Jan. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
High Wind Watch
Issued: 2:24 AM MST Jan. 22, 2019 – National Weather Service
... High wind watch in effect from this evening through Wednesday
The National Weather Service in Cheyenne has issued a high wind
watch, which is in effect from this evening through Wednesday
* Timing... after a brief lull today, west to northwest winds will
increase rapidly late this evening through tonight. Winds will
likely become strong by early Wednesday morning.
* Winds... west to northwest winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts around
65 mph possible.
* Blowing snow... with a surface snow pack, strong winds may result
in blowing snow and very low visibilities at times. Ground
blizzard conditions are possible, especially near Elk Mountain
* Impacts... mainly to transportation. Strong Crosswinds may result
in a high blowover risk for lightweight and high profile
vehicles including campers and trailer along Interstate 25
between Chugwater and Wheatland, and along Interstate 80 from
Elk Mountain to Cheyenne. In addition, very low visibilities are
possible due to blowing snow.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest