|Winter Storm Warning|
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 am CST
A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 am CST Thursday.
* Event... freezing rain... sleet... and snow... will spread across
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulations will range from 3
to 6 inches... with the largest amounts to the northeast toward
Batesville and Newport. Some light freezing rain accumulations
may also be possible... with up to a tenth of an inch before
precipitation transitions to sleet and snow.
* Timing... this event will unfold mainly this afternoon and
* Impacts... travel issues are expected on area roadways...
especially given well below freezing temperatures tonight.
Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... sleet...
and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
|Lake Wind Advisory|
... Lake Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon today to 6 am
A lake Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon today to 6 am
* Event... north to northeast winds will increase... and will
become gusty. Wind speeds will average 15 to 30 mph... with
some higher gusts possible.
* Timing... gusty winds are expected this afternoon and tonight.
* Areas affected... this advisory affects places southeast of
Hardy... Conway and Murfreesboro.
* Impacts... blowing and drifting of snow will be noted as winds
pick up... especially in northeast Arkansas where the heaviest
snow is expected. Power outages could also occur in the
northeast... and also in the southeast where icing could become
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes. Small boats will be especially prone to capsizing.