|Public Information Statement|
... Growing season has ended across more of southern New England...
Temperatures dropped below freezing across many locations last
night. The growing season has now ended in the following
* Franklin, Hampshire, Hampden and Worcester counties
* northwest and central Middlesex County
* interior Essex County
* interior Norfolk County
* northern Bristol County
* southern Plymouth County
* Hartford, Tolland and Windham counties
Elsewhere in southern New England, widespread freezing
temperatures have not yet occurred. As such, frost and freeze
warnings will still be issued for the following locations:
* the entire East Coast, including Suffolk County
* western Plymouth County
* southern Bristol County
* Barnstable, Dukes and Nantucket counties
In Rhode Island...
* Providence, Kent, Bristol, Newport and Washington counties
Without another freeze before then, freeze warnings will cease for
additional areas on November 4. An additional statement will be
issued at that time to identify those areas.