|Winter Weather Advisory|
... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 1 PM Tuesday to
7 am EST Wednesday...
* locations... include portions of western and central
Massachusetts... including the Metro areas of Springfield and
* Hazard types... include snow... sleet... and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches... along with
up to one tenth of an inch of ice accretion.
* Timing... late afternoon Tuesday into early Wednesday.
* Impacts... wintry precipitation will likely result in hazardous
travel conditions on untreated roads... especially bridges...
and overpasses. Parking lots and sidewalks will become
slippery as well.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
|Small Craft Advisory|
... Small Craft Advisory from 11 PM this evening to 7 PM EST Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Small Craft
Advisory... which is in effect from 11 PM this evening to 7 PM EST
* Winds and seas... northeast winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to
25 kt. Seas 1 to 3 feet.
A Small Craft Advisory means that wind speeds of 25 to 33 knots
are expected to produce hazardous wave conditions to small craft.
Inexperienced mariners... especially those operating smaller
vessels should avoid navigating in these conditions.