|Areal Flood Watch|
... Flood Watch remains in effect from Monday afternoon through
The Flood Watch continues for
* most of Rhode Island and eastern Massachusetts.
* From Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning.
* Heavy rain is expected Monday afternoon through early Tuesday
morning. Most locations can expect between 2 and 3 inches of
* Significant flooding of urban... poor drainage and low lying
areas is the greatest threat including roads that tend to
flood in heavy rain. Smaller rivers and streams may also flood
surrounding areas. Larger mainstem rivers should remain within
A Flood Watch means flooding is possible. If you live or work in
an area prone to flooding... take the time now to protect any
items that could be damaged by flood waters.
Drivers should be prepared for slower than usual commutes Monday
afternoon and possibly Tuesday morning. Know alternate routes in
case roads become flooded. Never drive through a flooded roadway!
... Gale Warning now in effect from 7 am Monday to 7 am EST
* winds and seas... northeast winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts up to 45
kt. Waves around 2 feet.
A Gale Warning means winds of 34 to 47 knots are imminent or
occurring. Operating a vessel in gale conditions requires
experience and properly equipped vessels. It is highly
recommended that mariners without the proper experience seek safe
Harbor prior to the onset of gale conditions.