Carroll Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio

Watches & Warnings

Special Statement
Issued: 2:53 PM EST Dec. 13, 2017 – National Weather Service

... Potential winter commuting hazard for the
Baltimore / Washington Metro areas for Thursday morning...

There is a potential for hazardous commuting conditions for the
Thursday morning commute. Light snow showers (with potential large
impact due to sub-freezing roads) are possible between 7pm and
4am tonight. There is a 40 percent chance for Washington, and a 60
percent chance for Baltimore. If there is accumulation, it is
expected to be less than an inch.

If this threat of light snow on frigid roads does materialize
overnight, the Thursday morning rush-hour could quickly turn icy
on untreated roads. This could lead to hazardous traveling
conditions, multiple accidents, and extensive delays.

If commuting Thursday morning, be aware of the possibility of
travel disruptions and icy roads. Plan ahead by allowing for
extra travel time, and consider using public transportation and
telework options.

Stay tuned for updates on this potential winter weather episode.
For more info on this type of threat, see


Local Radar

Click to Enlarge

Nearby Radar Stations

Cities Affected